Saturday, July 05, 2008

Sad days....but happy times too!

On Tuesday, June 24th, we received word that my Granddaddy Smith had passed away in his home in NC. Fortunately, Isabella was able to meet him in April when we were there for her baby dedication.















After some scrambling and help from our dear friends, Brian and Nicole Roberson (Nicole works for Delta and helped us out with a buddy pass), we were able to make it to NC for the funeral and spend time with family. Even though it was a sad time, we still were able to enjoy some happy times too. After the funeral on Friday, the church provided lunch for all the family and friends. As you can see Isabella enjoyed some of that lunch as well....































Yes, that is a chicken bone. The lady holding Isabella used to watch me when I was a little girl. She let us eat while she held Isabella. Ben and I both turned around and couldn't believe how much she was enjoying that bone. It was pretty funny. She even threw a fit when we eventually had to take it away from her. :-)

We were also able to visit with my Papa Lopez. Here are a couple of sweet pics with Isabella.






























While we were there we were going through some things at my grandparents house and found some old pictures. My aunt and cousin found this one of me with my parents. Do you think our Isabella resembles her mom? I still think she has a good mixture of both her mom and dad. :-)


































Ben got home Sunday(6/29) and Isabella and I finally made it back on Thursday (7/3) after a couple of days of traveling. It is definitely good to be home but we did enjoy the extra days we got to spend with my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, she is you all over! Does she get the long eyelashes from her dad? She gets the chicken bone thing from her Aunt Carolyn - and I have the picture to prove it! Yes, Isabella, you do know how to wrap Papa Lopez around your finger! That was really nice about the buddy pass to help you all get to NC. May God bless her for her help. Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Precious pics of Isabella with her great-grandfathers. It was quite an honor and privilege to babysit our precious little girl with Aunt Barbara. I kept hearing...this is Zarra's granddaughter...this is Zarra's granddaughter!!!!! Even though the circumstances were sad, the time together was special and was glad to have more time. Still not enough though. Love, Aunt a

Anonymous said...

I had to save some of those pictures for myself. :o) Love ya--Abby